Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekend Thoughts

Just in case you were wondering, 4Us, as I'm sure you have lost sleep wondering about it, here are the four rhetorical devices that were on the quiz that were used to throw you off - though no one fell for my chicanary.

Accismus - is a type of irony when you pretend not to want something, but, in reality, you really want it


"No, I don't want the last piece of cake, I've already had two, its not a healthy choice for me, see if someone else wants it" all the while you are drooling and staring at it.

Chleuasmos - a sarcastic comment (a burn) that leaves the victim with no comeback

Ever 'zung' a friend so well they were speechless.  Well, you used Chleuasmos.

Diatyposis - is just good advice from the speaker or writer


Metonymy - when you call out to someone who is not there


"I am not a religious man, but if you are up there, Superman, please help me."

No comments:

Post a Comment